[wplug] InstallFest Report

Terence J. Golightly terencejgolightly at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 21:56:36 EST 2011

Last Saturday The Western Pennsylvania Linux User's Group help and
Installfest at the Northland Public Library.

We had 2 successful Installs of Kubuntu and a tweak on another. Kudos
goes out to:

Larry Wolfson who received help from Adam and Mike with installing
Kubuntu 11.10 replacing an install of Fedora.

Lenny who with help from Jim Harris and Nic Schembri got Kubuntu 64 bit
and Virtualbox shoehorned onto his HP Laptop.

And Jim who got help with samba settings for his server from Mike.

And extra extra special kudos goes out the Adam and Michael and Kelsey
who came all the way from Uniontown to help out.

I'm afraid I wasn't much help since I was ruminating over our lack of a
wired connection in our rooms ;<. Ok enough of that :>.

Even with this distraction we can count this as a success.  2 new
installs and a tweak!  AANNNNd two a total of 6 new faces at an installFest!

Best regards always

Terry Golightly
Chairman Your Western Pennsylvania Linux User's Group
terencejgolightly at gmail.com