[wplug] [wplug-announce] Open call for volunteers

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:00:51 EDT 2011

I'd like to help out, too. I could coordinate my schedule with Matt Hughes',
so that we could have more than one volunteer at a given time. I'm out of
town this week, but I'll be back next week.

-- Dave Ostroske
On Apr 13, 2011 1:38 PM, "Andrew Fisk" <andy at spitcomp.com> wrote:
> let me know what I can do to help -- have built some fairly serious
networks.

> I guess I would need to get up to speed on what's been done so far and
what still needs to be done.

> Thanks
>
> Andy
> Spitfire Computer Services
> 406 Beaver Street
> Sewickley, PA 15143
> Phone (412) 749-0162
> andy at spitcomp.com
> www.spitcomp.com
>

> On Apr 8, 2011, at Friday, April 8, 201111:53 AM, Matthew Hughes wrote:
>
>> I would be willing to assist in this project but not lead it. I have some
networking experience.

>> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Christopher DeMarco <demarco at maya.com>
wrote:

>> On 06 Apr 2011, at 10:40 AM, Terence J. Golightly wrote:
>>
>> > Basically, we need a motivated volunteer, with some free time, to
finish
>> > the installation and setup of the network infrastructure for Wilkins
>> > School building.
>>
>> This is an excellent opportunity for resume-building.
>> If you are a college student and want to work in IT, experience like this
will be a big advantage in the job search.

>> Does anybody know whether WPLUG has visibility in the local CS/CE/IT
programs? Maybe cross-post select projects to the various schools' job
boards?

>> There's probably a sizable lump of charity projects like this one, which
could benefit from some Summer of Code-style publicity among local
students... WPLUG could help matchmake and mentor, thereby growing
mindshare, visibility and goodwill...