[wplug] [wplug-announce] Open call for volunteers

Christopher DeMarco demarco at maya.com
Fri Apr 8 11:01:23 EDT 2011

On 06 Apr 2011, at 10:40 AM, Terence J. Golightly wrote:

> Basically, we need a motivated volunteer, with some free time, to finish
> the installation and setup of the network infrastructure for Wilkins
> School building.

This is an excellent opportunity for resume-building.
If you are a college student and want to work in IT, experience like this will be a big advantage in the job search.

Does anybody know whether WPLUG has visibility in the local CS/CE/IT programs?  Maybe cross-post select projects to the various schools' job boards?

There's probably a sizable lump of charity projects like this one, which could benefit from some Summer of Code-style publicity among local students... WPLUG could help matchmake and mentor, thereby growing mindshare, visibility and goodwill...

--
Christopher DeMarco <demarco at maya.com>
IT Director