[wplug] VM options and subversion server setups and other lug info

Roland Hess me at harkyman.com
Wed Sep 8 12:44:51 EDT 2010

I've been running VirtualBox OSE on my Ubuntu 9.04 (iirc) machine for a
while now. It has a separate Windows installation on a different partition
which I can also boot into if I would really need to. However, I've not had
to do so in about a year, as the VM install of Windows works fine for my
purposes (testing web sites on IE 6, oh the shame).

The main install and setup instructions you'll find for VirtualBox OSE
worked for me without a hitch. If you go with that solution, make sure to
install the recommended special Windows extensions after you're set up.
It'll really enhance the experience.

Sadly as the other poster mentioned, you won't be able to simply convert
your existing install of Windows to run with the VM. There is probably some
way to do it, but none of the solutions I ran across seemed worth risking my
HD to implement.

GL!

--
Roland Hess