[wplug] VM options and subversion server setups and other lug info

Michael P. O'Connor mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Tue Sep 7 16:35:58 EDT 2010

For some reason my first sending of this did not get though so I will
try again.

I am wondering what yinz think are some of the best VM options out
there.  I have a 64-bit system with windows on it, but want to turn it
into a primarily Linux box. so I am wondering what would the best
software VMs out there be, is VMware still the best?  I am also going to
us a fresh drive for the linux box so I will not have to play with the
windows partition (drives are sata)

Here how I am looking at doing it, saving a hard ware profile for the
current setup (in case I ever need to boot to windows with out it being
in linux)
I would like 1 USB port map to the windows box (the rest are not important)
the OS is vista 64-bit, so the VM software must be able to run the
64-bit system (speed is not 100% issue as it is a quad core)

My next question is I would like to set up a local subversion server
(for my own personal use) does has any one ever done this them selfs
what pitfalls should I watch out for and any other information you can
provided to me would be much appreciated.

And my final question is, I have had to move (almost a year ago) and
wondering if any one know of a good lug in the DC metro area (I am about
45 minutes south of DC now)

Thanks all in advance