[wplug] Live linux distro question

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 17:47:22 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Michael Semcheski
<mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Chris Romano <romano.chris at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are there any LiveCDs or anything that you don't have to reboot to
>> run?  I guess it would be like running a virtualized installation with
>> having to install any kind of vm player?  Could something like this be
>> done with any of the virtualization software that's out there?
>
> You can certainly run a live cd via virtualization software such as
> VirtualBox or KVM.
>
> In that case, it will run in a virtual machine on top of your existing
> operating system.  But you'll certainly be able to play with it.

But do you need to have VirtualBox or KVM installed already?

Ultimately, what I would like to have is something like a liveCD or a
USB stick that I can plug into any computer and run a Virtualized
linux install.  In that case, I might not be able to install software
to the host computer.

--
"They that would trade essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither." -- Benjamin Franklin