[wplug] [wplug-announce] WPLUG Nomination Meeting & Open Movie Presentation, Sat. Oct 23, 2p - 3:30p

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Wed Oct 20 09:40:04 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

This is simply a reminder to all.  The Western PA Linux Users Group
will be holding its monthly meeting on Saturday, October 23 from 2pm
until 3:30pm at the Wilkins School Community Center in Swissvale.  We
will be meeting in the lower level auditorium.  Doors open at 1:45pm.

We will reconvene of the adjourned business meeting from September 18,
2010 and October 16, 2010 to complete nominations for the 2010/2011
WPLUG Board of Directors election to be held on November 13, 2010.
All WPLUG members are encouraged to attend this meeting to help us
with is important item of business.  Your organization needs your help
to continue to serve the open source community of western PA.

Our featured presentation will be hosted by Roland Hess, author of
'Blender Foundations' and 'Animating with Blender'.  Roland is a
developer for the Blender project, http://www.blender.org/, and is an
avid user of the Blender animation platform.  We will have viewings of
three open source animated shorts, Elephant's Dream, Big Buck Bunny,
and the newly released Sintel, all created using Blender.

Hope to see you all at the event,
David Kraus