[wplug] Rhythmbox and invisible files

Douglas Green diego96 at mac.com
Tue Oct 12 21:06:51 EDT 2010

Hi all-

I'm running a home networked drive (iOmega Home Media Network Drive)
where I've parked some of my music files. On the networked drive, I have
an album that appears in Rhythmbox but I cannot find anywhere in the
actual file structure of the iomega network drive. Files appear as daap
shares.

I've quadruple confirmed that the music is truly streaming from this
drive and not stored in some local directory. I've done everything I can
think of to locate the files on the networked drive to no avail.

Is anyone aware of strange behavior from either this type of iOmega
netoworked home drive or Rhythmbox?? Any ideas where I can find my files
to "recover them" or at last put them on my mp3 player where I'd like
them to be? I don't understand how Rhythmbox can "see" these files, but
I can't (yes, I've checked for hidden files too). Permissions problem
perhaps??

Thanks,
Doug