[wplug] [wplug-announce] Installfest: November 20 1:30PM WSCC

Greg Simkins gregsimkins at me.com
Wed Nov 17 13:57:45 EST 2010

Hi Beth Lynn.

I had to smile last night (well, I guess in the morning where you are) when I got a series of emails, Facebook, etc. on my iPhone.  I am well aware now of the Installfest.  You are a talented and dedicated promoter!  Unfortunately, I am too far away to come.

I do plan to meet today with a high school student in the local Christian school to make sure he is aware of Linux.  I bought  him a copy of Just for Fun by Linus Torvalds.  I enjoyed the book immensely.  I think it is the sort of thing that might inspire a young man.  No idea yet whether he has any interest.  I guess I will find out in about 12 hours.

I loaned my Dell Mini 9 to a 9 year old girl.  She has been using it this year, mostly for Skype and email.

I never had a second meeting of the Fukuoka Linux Users Group (with this guy from the Sasebo base).  I wrote in an email this past week, but so far no response.  For all I know, he transferred to Timbuktu.

I hope you have a very successful installfest.

Greg