[wplug] Switch recommendation

Janos Dohanics web at 3dresearch.com
Thu May 20 10:57:39 EDT 2010

One of my customers has a Netgear GS724TNA switch which can be
configured for port mirroring, but I have never been able to correctly
configure it and actually capture packets.

When tried to configure port mirroring, the host designated to capture
packets lost all connectivity - I could no longer ping anything from
this host or ping this host from any other. Netgear tech support told
me that this was normal (?).

I'm now looking for a 24 port Gigabit switch. Could you recommend one
which can do port mirroring with not too much hassle and reasonably
priced?

--
Janos Dohanics
<web at 3dresearch.com>