[wplug] Dual Monitor (Maximizing across two monitors)

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Wed May 19 08:56:11 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you using Metacity or Compiz? Maybe try switching to the other one?

I didn't even know what these were.. but looking at Metacity took me
to the Appearances Prefs.. It turns out that turning off the visual
effects allows the stretching to work better.  I think that the
"snapping" to a display behavior was part of Metacity's UI effects.

Not sure whether I'll miss any of the effects, in that case I might
look at Compiz.  Also, the devilspie app, that Eric mentioned, looks
like it might be helpful.

Thanks to everyone for the help.. I learned a lot in the process!! :-)

--
Greg Akins

http://insomnia-consulting.org
http://www.pghcodingdojo.org