[wplug] Dual Monitor (Maximizing across two monitors)

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Wed May 19 07:32:25 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Greg Akins <angrygreg at gmail.com> wrote:
> So far.. Eclipse and Terminal won't stretch at all.  I can take a
> window of a given size and place it across both monitors, but when I
> try to resize it, it "snaps" down to a single monitor.

OK, I've now tried Eclipse, Netbeans, Terminal, Firefox and gcalctool.
 All of them will stretch, to some extent, across two monitors.  In
all cases, I have to do it incrementally.. it looks like there is
something built into the windowing that "snaps" the window to a
display if it's more than 50% (?? Speculating a bit here) in one
display.  Calculator I can get to around 90% of the full width before
it finally snapped back to a single display.

> I can experiment more tomorrow (work computer that I can't access from
> home).  Also, I should probably give more details about how the
> monitors are plugged into the card since it's using one of those Y
> adapters, not a dual port card.

The monitors are VGA, plugged into a Y adapter that is plugged into
the graphics card DVI output.  Still not sure about whether there are
two X session running.  Should I be looking for something in 'ps' to
determine that?