[wplug] Dual Monitor (Maximizing across two monitors)

Matthew Beckler mbeckler at cmu.edu
Tue May 18 17:41:42 EDT 2010

Greg Akins wrote:
> I'm using Ubuntu 10.4 and it seems that Gnome doesn't like to maximize
> windows across multiple monitors.
>
> I'm using an ATI video card (not sure which model off hand.. if it
> matters, I can check)
>
> The application I'm most interested in spanning monitors is Eclipse,
> so if it's a special issue with Java, that may have some bearing.

Is it specifically the "maximize" function, or not being able to resize
a window across two monitors?

I currently have a newish Ubuntu with a dual-headed ATI card using the
proprietary fglrx driver, with two 19" DVI displays.

When I click the maximize button, the window fills one of the monitors.
If I "un-maximize" the window, I can then drag to extend it across both
monitors if I like.

I have never known gnome to maximize across multiple monitors.

--
Matthew