[wplug] Creative Commons question

Bobbie Lynn Eicher bobbie.eicher at gmail.com
Fri May 14 18:59:38 EDT 2010

Doug,

Generally speaking, the Creative Commons licenses are designed to give
people permission to copy and distribute your work, providing they keep the
information intact on who made it.  (The license can optionally permit more
things in some cases.)

It would be completely reasonable for you to store a local copy of something
licensed under the Creative Commons for your own use.  (Though I should
throw in a disclaimer that that's only true so long as you're not doing it
in some crazy way, like eating up their bandwidth by downloading the entire
contents of their site every time you DO have Internet access in order to
make sure that you have the latest copy or something.)

If you still feel the need for some reassurance, this may be helpful:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ

Bobbie Lynn Eicher