[wplug] Changed password not holding after reboot

Brian Roberts blroberts at gmail.com
Wed May 5 07:50:01 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have run into an issue and was wondering if anyone has ever had a
similar experience.   I did see this issue once before, but decided to
rebuild instead of investigate.

When resetting a password for an end user account it seems that the password
sticks for the current session, but upon reboot it gets reverted to the old
pass.   I have confirmed this by backing up the /etc/shadow and doing diffs
on the files.   The original file keeps coming back.   Its like a watchdog
process is restoring the file, or the ext3 filesystem is not saving the
changes to disk.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian