[wplug] Fedora 12 - managing updates

Weber, Lawrence A Lawrence.Weber at ansaldo-sts.us
Mon Mar 22 09:11:24 EDT 2010

Based upon information provide awhile ago from the wplug group, I always
install yumex to handle new software installations for Fedora.

Lately I have been having a number of problems updating my PC's so I did
a fresh installation of Fedora 12 on all of them.  After the
installations I installed yumex.  I modified the configuration of both
yum.conf and yumex.conf to handle the proxy server at work.  At home
this is not an issue.

After the installations I get the toolbar warning that 667 updates are
pending.  When I let that updater run, I get the list of files to be
updated, and the dependencies, so I assume access to the repositories is
good.  When I tell it to install, I get the error message below.

Today I tried opening yumex and let it find updates, it reports 606 but
does install them correctly.

Does anyone have an idea why the update application associated with the
"Update System" menu item does not work but Yumex does?  I had a similar
problem with Fedora 11 but 10 and older always worked.

Error Type: <class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'>
Error Value: Error getting repository data for installed, repository not
found
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3125, in
<module>
    main()
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3122, in
main
    backend.dispatcher(sys.argv[1:])
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line
710, in dispatcher
    self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:])
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line
657, in dispatch_command
    self.update_packages(only_trusted, package_ids)
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1948, in
update_packages
    signed = self._is_package_repo_signed(pkg)
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1437, in
_is_package_repo_signed
    repo = self.yumbase.repos.getRepo(pkg.repoid)
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/repos.py, line 121, in
getRepo
    'Error getting repository data for $s, repository not found' $
(repoid)