[wplug] Grub help request

David J. Pryke david-wplug at pryke.us
Mon Jun 14 09:49:40 EDT 2010

On 6/14/2010 9:07 AM, Weber, Lawrence A wrote:
> I have compiled a copy of the Linux kernel from kernel.org and want to
> use it instead of the kernel provided with my Fedora Core 12
> installation.  After executing "make install", I see that
> /boot/grub/grub.conf has been updated.  The following is the beginning
> of this file:
>
> default=1
> timeout=0

I would first try changing "timeout=0" to be something like "timeout=30" to
give you 30 seconds to choose a menu entry.  With timeout set to zero, it
just boots the default (which is the second option "Fedora
(2.6.32.12-115.fc12.i686.PAE)", as default=1 and it starts counting from zero)

--
Thanks,

David J. Pryke