[wplug] suggestion

Zachary Uram netrek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 00:35:44 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:31 AM, David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Zachary Uram <netrek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> wplug-chat@ instance so we can chat about anything without worrying
>> about being topical :)
>
> That might be a decent idea. I'm copying this to the planning list.
>
> I'd like to hear more about it. We have a membership meeting coming
> up, and we could talk about it there, even vote to make it happen. The
> board might even be keen on it, depending on circumstances.
>
> However, we also have the IRC chatroom, where wide-ranging
> conversations have their own virtual community. If you can use it when
> it's convenient for you, that might work better.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -- Dave O

HI Dave,

Ah yeah. I thought it might be a good way to 1) get more people
involved (since not everyone is keen on IRC) and 2) ability to have
good meaty discussions yet at everyone's convenience since they don't
need to be sitting around chat client in real-time. That way I figured
we can keep wplug@ more topical and if there is cool IT stuff that is
not linux specific or more wide ranging chats (politics, weather,
movies, etc.) we could also have that. I'd love to make the meeting,
but recuperating from illness. Let me know if it's voted on and the
result.

Thanks!
Zach

<>< http://www.fidei.org ><>