[wplug] Set / Get serial number

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 19:03:33 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Max Putas <maxblaze at gmail.com> wrote:
> OCSng can detect duplicates using the MAC address. This would be a lot
> easier than burning in a unique ID for each one.

In this particular case, MAC addresses are unique.  But for our
environment, that's not always true.

Actually duplicates in OCSng aren't too bad, but the problem is in GLPI.

I would like to say something like "Hostname + MAC == same OR MAC + SN
== same", but it seems like you can only have one combination of
attributes that equate to a machine being the same.  Burning an SN
would be the best solution, but it doesn't seem to be possible.