[wplug] As usual wifi connection problems.

Terence J. Golightly vze27hs6 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 12 17:13:30 EDT 2010

Greetings all,

If any of you have been to recent meetings, then you might be familiar
with my connection issues with my laptop.  Sitting next to me now it is
connected wirelessly to my SOHO router w/o incident.  However, earlier
today, I went to Squirrel Hill Library and could not get a connection.

iwlist wlan0 scanning

would show all the wireless aps in the area, three of which were for the
library.  I tried to connect to each one in turn.  No networks found.  I
would try entering the ssid manually and run dhclient no go. Dhclient
would time out. I perused the log files of wicd and messages.  All I
could notice is that it can't find the network.  Is there something new
with connecting to the library system wirelessly?

Thanks,

Terry