[wplug] Suggestion for discussion

Terence J. Golightly vze27hs6 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 5 14:18:02 EDT 2010

Greetings fellow WPLUGers,

I have been attending evening classes regarding CompTia Aplus
certification and the topic of TCP/IP and subnetting has been touched
upon.  I was wondering if someone very knowledgeable of the subject
matter might be willing to discuss how networking, subnetting and such
"works".  I know that some type boolean logic is applied to an IP vs a
subnet mask to find where network a packet should be routed/nat'd to.
And of course this just touches upon the tip of the proverbial iceburg
when it comes to how one can setup a system/network to gain access to an
intranet or the internet.  Just a suggestion. Any thoughts?

Terry

p.s. no more evolution I've 'devolved' to thunderbird ;> good riddance evo.