[wplug] CentOS Software RAID and partitioning

scoob8000 scoob8000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 19:04:13 EST 2010

I can't speak for the raid question but resizing is possible.  Or perhaps
shrink / and add a seperate partition for /home..

On Jan 20, 2010 4:57 PM, "Bruce Letterle" <bruce at creativewebtech.com> wrote:

Does anyone know if you can setup software RAID or change disk
partitions after a CentOS 5 32 bit installation is complete? I have a
new server provisioned with 2 x 1TB drives and the default partitioning
is the following. It seems like there is way too much under / and I'm
afraid of how long it would take (and whether I would lose data) to run
fsck if they server hangs. Also, I'm thinking software RAID would be a
good idea, but I don't know if you can add it. I haven't done anything
else on the server since it was provisioned. Thanks.

it is a 3-way partition as follows 4GB for swap, 250 MB for boot, and then
the rest

--
Bruce Letterle

Creative Web Technologies