[wplug] Moving from IDE to SATA drive (hda vs sda)

scoob8000 scoob8000 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:17:17 EST 2010

I'm stumped on this one.   I just replaced a IDE disk with a newer SATA
model, thus my device names changed from /dev/hda to /dev/sda..

This box is running Centos 5.

My partitions are:
/dev/sda1 - boot
/dev/sda2 - swap
/dev/sda3 - root

My bootup hangs here:
Unable to access resume device SWAP-hda2
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

I've edited my menu.lst and /etc/fstab to reflect the changes, but get the
same result.  I've even gone as far as using the device names instead of
labels in the two files.

Any ideas?