[wplug] Debian & Parallels

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 22:21:24 EST 2010

Anyone here have Debian running in Parallels?

The installation appeared to go pretty smoothly, but now eth0 is up
and doesn't have an IP address assigned.

I found a post on the Parallels knowledge base that suggested the
network service is in runlevel 2, 3, 4, 5.  On the debian image, there
is a network-manager and network-manager but no network.  I'm not sure
if something is missing, or if this is just a difference in the
distribution.

Can anyone give me some hints to help me track down my that interface
isn't picking up the virtual network?

Parallels 5 and Debian 5

--
Greg Akins