[wplug] Linux certification - more questions

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 22:22:33 EST 2010

On Monday 15 February 2010 12:41:27 pm Robert E. Coutch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at the Red Hat tests but I'm not sure of the cost.
> I'm seeing information ranging from $400 to over $2000 to take the test.
> What is the actual cost?
>
> Also, no mention of CompTIA's Linux+ or LPIC.
> Do these hold little value?

Linux+ is like the Linux version of A+.  Fine if you want a Geek Squad job at
a mythical Best Buy that actually does Linux tech support, but...

I mentioned LPIC, which I kind of favour for being cross-platform, but really,
just about everyone uses Red Hat (or CentOS if they're cheap) on their
servers, not Debian or Gentoo or Ubuntu, so the Red Hat ones are the ones
people tend to care about.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo