[wplug] Linux certification

Jeffry D. Woods jdwoods at jeffryw.com
Sat Feb 13 21:50:56 EST 2010

On Thursday 11 February 2010 9:44:34 pm Robert E. Coutch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm tossing around the idea of becoming Linux certified.
> There seem to be a few certifications available and I'm trying to determine
> which would be the best choice.
>
> I'd like to hear from anyone certified and why you chose that particular
> certification.

RedHat is your best choice for certification, mostly everyone uses RedHat
and it's pretty much the standard. This is my recommendation if this is
for a job or job advancement. RHCE will take you a long way, but it's
pretty difficult. RHCT might be a good starting point, it's nothing to
sneeze at either and it will get you a job. Currently, I am an IT
Director, but I still get job offers 3 to 4 times a year.

--
Jeffry D. Woods