[wplug] Dual monitors in Ubuntu Karmic Koala

Ben Beige dariuscardren at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 10:18:48 EST 2010

Greetings Everyone,
I'm getting off on a bad foot with my "new" Linux box. I am trying to
get dual monitors to work properly, in Xinarama. And it seems that
firstly I was having issues since there was no xorg.conf, a design
feature I am told, to allow for quick dynamic configuration of video.
I've tried with 2 different AGP Cards a Matrox G450, which I had
working in dual screen mode under Debian Etch not that long ago, and a
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 9600. The Matrox Mirrors the screens in X,
but only detects one "Unknown" monitor. And the Radeon mirrors when
not in X, and detects the monitor on the primary connection. I am
using 2 NEC 2010x monitors (20"LCDs). We have tried to build an
xorg.conf that would allow both displays to work and have little luck
beyond defining cards and monitors that X dose not seem to notice. Has
anyone had much luck with multiple monitors in Karmic? I can include
the config files we've created, or the defaults created by an X
-configure if needed.

Thanks,

Ben Beige
dariuscardren at gmail.com