[wplug] iptables sanity check

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 15:40:52 EST 2010

> On 12/23/10 1:51 PM, Chris Romano wrote:
>> It's been a long time since I had to work with iptables and want to
>> make sure that I'm not missing anything.  Are there any glaring issues
>> with the below?  I pieced together some things.  This server right now
>> just needs to host ssh, xmpp, and apache
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Drew from Zhrodague
<drewzhrodague at zhrodague.net> wrote:
>        Looks okay to me. Does it work? You can test with nmap from an outside
> host.
>
>        Also, I suggest installing an sshblock script to keep the brute forcers
> out.

As far as I know it does.  I haven't done a lot of testing though.
Thanks for the suggestion of sshblock.  I will definitely look into
it.

Thanks,
Chris
--
"They that would trade essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither." -- Benjamin Franklin