[wplug] Bylaws amendment - notice and ballot (fwd)

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Dec 20 23:39:42 EST 2010

Those of you who are WPLUG members received the message below.
Some additional explanation may be useful.

A couple adjustments to the Bylaws are necessary to fully
implement the new schedule put forward by the Board.  This would
see a reduction in the number of General User Meetings and the
addition of a new "table topics" format on weeknights.
<http://www.wplug.org/wiki/WPLUGBoard/Meeting-20101207#Minutes>

The change of elections from October to November arises from the
difficulty of getting a weekend in September that does not
conflict with another event or holiday.  So the nominations would
take place in October, and elections in November.

I will answer whatever questions I can, but as the prime mover
behind the new schedule, Beth Lynn would be able to better address
the forces and motivation behind it.