[wplug] I'm coming back to Pittsburgh, looking for job leads

Scott Sweeny ssweeny at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 09:36:51 EST 2010

On 12/16/2010 04:54 AM, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> Hey everybody,
> I'm finishing up school next week and coming back to Pittsburgh.  I need to find
> a job.
>
> Yesterday I got a call from an IT recruiter wanting to talk to me about a .NET
> job that pays 2/3 of the low end of average for software devs (according to
> the salary ranges I'm finding online) who was very confused that my school
> doesn't teach .NET and had no idea what this open source stuff on my CV was.
> Given he balked at my last payrate, and I balked at him being a *tech*
> recruiter and not having even heard of open source...you can guess how this
> relationship will work out.
>
> So I'm turning to the local FOSS community.  Anyone know anywhere that'd be
> interested in taking on someone who can handle the usual array of languages in
> the Linux world, has experience with both Qt & GTK, and even has a patch in
> the kernel?
>
> Thanks

I work for a company called Timesys. We sell tools (cross-toolchains,
etc.) and services around Linux on embedded platforms. We're looking for
support and development engineers.

If that sounds at all interesting to you check out
http://www.timesys.com/company/careers and send your resume on over.

Cheers,
~Scott