[wplug] I'm coming back to Pittsburgh, looking for job leads

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 04:54:37 EST 2010

Hey everybody,
I'm finishing up school next week and coming back to Pittsburgh.  I need to find
a job.

Yesterday I got a call from an IT recruiter wanting to talk to me about a .NET
job that pays 2/3 of the low end of average for software devs (according to
the salary ranges I'm finding online) who was very confused that my school
doesn't teach .NET and had no idea what this open source stuff on my CV was.
Given he balked at my last payrate, and I balked at him being a *tech*
recruiter and not having even heard of open source...you can guess how this
relationship will work out.

So I'm turning to the local FOSS community.  Anyone know anywhere that'd be
interested in taking on someone who can handle the usual array of languages in
the Linux world, has experience with both Qt & GTK, and even has a patch in
the kernel?

Thanks

--
Mackenzie Morgan