[wplug] blowback deluge

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 12:50:17 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Eric Cooper <ecc at cmu.edu> wrote:
> For what it's worth, all of the forged spam that's triggering this is
> for the same "diploma mill" scam.  Not only is the bot trying to reach
> individual recipients, it's also trying to subscribe to various forums
> and listservs.

Just a theory, but...

The alleged controller of the Mega-D botnet was arrested earlier this week.

Perhaps all those bots aren't receiving up-to-date commands, and are
doing stuff that is resulting in more bounces.

Personally, I'm glad I decided to check my spam trap for a trend,
because I realized that five days ago, I made a small configuration
change to exim that started blocking mail to one of my personal
accounts!

Mike