[wplug] [wplug-announce] WPLUG meeting 12/11 10:30am The Linux Desktop at WSCC

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 08:32:17 EST 2010

Hello,

WPLUG is hosting a general user meeting on Saturday, December 11 from
10:30a until 12:30p to be held at the Wilkins School Community Center (WSCC).

More information about this meeting: http://wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20101211
and its location: http://wplug.org/wiki/Wilkins_School_Community_Center

The purpose of this meeting will be two fold:
1. welcome the 2011 WPLUG board
2. encourage discussion on the topic: The Linux Desktop

Beth Lynn Eicher will be leading a "table topics" discussion on "The
Linux Desktop"

"Table Topics" meetings are a relaxed environment where we discuss
current Linux and Open Source issues. A facilitator picks a topic and
prepares questions for those gathered to generate conversation. New
Linux users and the curious are encouraged to attend.

Together we will answer the controversial questions such as...
1. Will 2011 be the Year of the Linux Desktop? Why or why not?
2. With the popularity of tablets and smartphones, is the desktop
relevant any more?
2. What can you do and what can't you do with your Linux desktop?

Hope to see you there,

Beth Lynn Eicher