[wplug] 10 reasons NOT to go to the picnic today Sunday 8/29 - busted!

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 12:11:00 EDT 2010

The annual open source picnic will take place at 1pm to 6pm today.
Will you be there?

http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20100829

Sure you have excuses:

1. I've got the kids today. Its a picnic with a full playground, ball
field, and basketball court. Kids are welcome.
2. I don't like port-a-johns. We have 2 indoor restrooms with flush
toilets and sinks.
3. I am not a member. All are welcome to this free event. If you
really want to become a member, Vance will be there to help you do so.
4. I don't know enough about Linux to go. This is a social event were
we will discuss free software and who is going to win the next round
of cards. Please do bring the family. See point one about kids.
5. I never can get to a WPLUG meeting since you start too early. We
will be there 1pm to 6pm. Stop by for an hour or stay the whole time.
Wait a second, you are awake enough to read this post...
6. I don't have anything to bring. No big deal. Just show up and help out.
7. I'm vegan so there will not be anything for me to eat. There will
be meat/dairy free dishes like Beth Lynn's not quite goulash.
8. The sun and I are not friends. There is a shelter and sunscreen
will be on hand.
9. It always rains when I go to picnics. Did you even look at that sky
today? Beautiful.
10. I won't know anybody there. You know Tux. He will be there. We are
a friendly bunch of folks.

and one more just for good measure...

I'd actually prefer a tech talk. At 3pm, those interested can walk
over 2 houses down to see Susan Rose give her Ohio LinuxFest talk
about open source medical records.

Seriously, come on down, we will love to have you.

Thanks,

Beth Lynn Eicher