[wplug] configuring ccache

Tim Quinlan tim at techfocus.net
Thu Aug 26 11:06:15 EDT 2010

Sounds like you may have over written the original install of gcc.

Did you specify --prefix and --exec-prefix when you configured 4.2?

On Aug 26, 2010 10:34 AM, "Weber, Lawrence A" <Lawrence.Weber at ansaldo-sts.us>
wrote:

 I am using Fedora 12 and recently had the need to use an older version of
gcc.  I was able to download, build and install the old version, 4.2.  I
originally had 4.4.4 installed.

When I do a “which gcc” or “which cc”, I find that the commands are handled
through /usr/lib/ccache symbolic links.  In that directory both gcc and cc
link to /usr/bin/ccache.  The installation of the old gcc changed something
because now ccache is runs the old version not the newer 4.4.4.  How do I
restore ccache to use 4.4.4?  I tried deleting the link and recreating it
but since the link is to ccache this did not work.  I have temporarily
changed to link to point to the 4.4.4 compiler but this is bypassing
ccache.  I read through the ccache documentation but it is unclear how the
execution of ccache runs a specific compiler.

*Lawrence. A. Weber*
Consulting Engineer

*[image: image001]**

Ansaldo STS USA, Inc.*
*Union Switch & Signal Building**
1000 Technology Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-3120
USA*
*Telephone:  1-412-688-2319*
*Telefax:  1-412-688-2398
**
www.ansaldo-sts.com**
**
CONFIDENTIALITY:**
**This message is strictly confidential. Its content and use is restricted
to the designated recipient(s). The use, copy, reproduction or transmittal
by any process or means without prior written notice of the author
or** **Ansaldo
STS USA, Inc.** **office of the Legal Counsel is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in a transmission error, please inform the sender
immediately and destroy any copy, saved file or print you have erroneously
made.*
*
PRIVACY:**
**Meeting the needs and expectations of our customers and employees has
always been our highest priority and that includes protecting their privacy
in compliance with local, state and federal laws and in accordance to
Ansaldo STS USA, Inc. Privacy Code.*
*
ENVIRONMENTAL NOTE:
IN SUPPORT OF OUR ENVIRONMENT, WE RECOMMEND NOT PRINTING EMAILS EXCEPT WHEN
ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY*