[wplug] Anyone know of any fiber providers in Pitt whose name doesn't start with a V?

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 15:45:32 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> Funny.  Every time I had problems with Verizon it was a billing
> error.  Sounds like old habits die hard for them.

I think their billing system just sucks, and has probably always sucked.

> I'm not interested in giving them an account # and having them
> accidentally charge $6000 instead of $60.00 ... I'll take 6 outages
> a year over that any day.

I gave them a credit card number and setup paperless billing.  My
understanding was that they were supposed to bill me, they had it in
their records differently.The account was suspended because of a past
due balance - annoying, but perhaps I had some blame for not checking
up when I didn't see the charge appear on time.  Since getting that
straightened out, its been fine.

I just want it to work, and work like a utility - and I am satisfied.