[wplug] Sharing Devices and Files between users - Ubuntu 8.10

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sun Apr 4 18:54:42 EDT 2010

Greg Simkins <gregsimkins at me.com> wrote:
> I have found that she is not able to access files and devices (2GB
> SD card or USB flash drive) or files in my admin user space.

I'm not very familiar with how Ubuntu sets things up, but I would
guess that there is some group her account isn't associated with
that permits access to devices.  You can see what groups your
account and her account are in with the commands
  id yourlogin
  id herlogin
and can add her to any missing groups with
  sudo usermod -a -G groupname herlogin