[wplug] Ohio LinuxFest 2009, Sept 25-27

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 21:19:32 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Patrick & I are speaking.

Mackenzie, I knew that you and Patrick were speaking. And I've heard
that Chris Teodorski is speaking, too. No doubt that Beth Lynn and
Vance will be there, too.

We've got a solid rump that attends every year, and I'm one of those
folks. I'm excited about this, even though I only use Linux at home. I
always learn something new and cool, and as the keynote's about the
40th anniversary of Unix, I'm gonna bust my hump to see it from the
beginning!
http://www.ohiolinux.org/

But nobody on the list is talking about it. Heck, we don't even have a
page on our wiki about it yet!

I'd like to promote this event. It gets better every year.

I relish my annual excursion to Flatland to mingle with fencers and
Pentecostals in the Greater Columbus Convention Center, to listen to
some of the brightest people on earth sing ecstatic about technology
that's changing the world, to visit the vendors and organizations that
are turning people's heads, to hit the Short North at night and to
enjoy the North Market on Sunday morning, and to give White Castle a
reason to stay in business (YMMV).

An added benefit is, we'd be out of town while the G-20 is meeting in
Pittsburgh. Tempting as it sounds, I don't want to get stuck in my car
and run the risk of accidentally hitting a central banker.

Plus, Ohio's beautiful this time of year. I plan to make a little
vacation out of this.

So who else is going?

-- Dave O