[wplug] OT: Going back to school (college/trade)

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Tue Sep 1 09:56:56 EDT 2009

> Classes will have to be geared towards the telecom/IT field, but would
> like to stay on the linux side of the house.  I've had enough "Windows
> Server" classes.

  That eliminates undergraduate programs at Pitt, CMU, Chatham,
  Carlow, Duquesne, Slippery Rock, IUP, and about every trade
  school.

  They're all rotten to the core; in bed with HFUX and Microsoft.

  You could probably do a really expensive DIY graduate
  program (at something like CMU's PDL)

  On that note, you're probably better off studying
  Economics.  Run your own business.  Start your own CS
  program on F/OSS.

~BAS