[wplug] OT: Going back to school (college/trade)

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:49:01 EDT 2009

2009/9/1 scoob8000 <scoob8000 at gmail.com>:
> So I'm back to thinking about taking advantage of my employer's tuition
> reimbursement program.
>
> What schools can any of you recommend for someone that works full time and
> would like to go to class in the evenings a few nights during the week?
>
> Classes will have to be geared towards the telecom/IT field, but would like
> to stay on the linux side of the house.  I've had enough "Windows Server"
> classes.
>
> I looked pretty heavily at PTI since it's very close to my work/home.
>
> Any other suggestions?

It might not be quitew what you're looking for, but you might want to
think about taking cert classes if your employer will reimburse that
too. There are plenty of good non windows certs that are much better
for telecom/IT (think: Red Hat and Cisco). They are more practically
oriented as well.

-Yaakov