[wplug] nokia n900 vs iphone

Matthew Hughes matthues at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:12:57 EDT 2009

Writing thi from my 3g iPhone on the bus. Which can't sync with iTunes
bcause it won't run on my home computer. So far I have yet to find
anything on line to let me put _my_ music on _my_ iphone! Without
using an OS, I am not using.

Other that I have been pleased with it as a mobile device. It is fast
enough that I can do things. Playing games are fun. So far I have
downloaded fifty or so apps and not paid for them, all free. There are
so many more apps that I can't find all of the ones I might want. From
the web sites I have looked at over purchasing at app store can be an
issue because you don't feel like your spending money when you do it.
Also all of the proprietary issues still exist. No ogg and there is
still drm to contend with.

One other issue I had was no data service for a couple of days on
AT&T. Magically fixed itself though. I suspect AT&T missed up the
billing.

The nokia looked like a fun litle gadget and the one I saw in the wild
was being used by a guy connected with Pittsburgh mobile comp group
Which you may want to contact them before purchase to get more opinions.

Matthew says Greetings from "America's Most Livable City!" (According
to Places Rated Almanac and the Economist.)