[wplug] nokia n900 vs iphone

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:44:52 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Kevin Dunn <supkdunn at gmail.com> wrote:

> IPHONE  $199 16G
> N900 $582.00 on Amazon

I think one of the most important things to note is that those prices are
not apples-to-apples.  You can get an N900 for $550 without a contract.  You
can get an iPhone for $200 or less, but you have to sign up for a 24 month
wireless contract.  I think the cheapest contract is $60/month.  That means,
add on $1440 to the price of the iPhone.

Some people will spend that much on phone service per month anyway, so its
not a big deal.  But it is possible to get phone service for a lot less.  So
a big part of the price depends on whether you're going to get a contract.