[wplug] nokia n900 vs iphone

Kevin Dunn supkdunn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:12:19 EDT 2009

Hi

Anybody lookin at buying the Nokia N900 ? I am on the fence . It is a bit
high on the price tag and not released yet . I am also looking at the iphone
,
I need some feedback to help my decsion, I have pros and cons about both .

IPHONE  $199 16G

PROs:
Lots of apps that I could actually use , works well, has 3G on AT&T,great
gps for free and a sweet gps add on for $90 .

CONs:
Apple locks it down tight and keeps control, No tethering without jailbreak,
no ssh without jailbreak .

N900 $582.00 on Amazon

PROs:

Runs linux , endless possibilities,

CONs:

Very few apps , would have to use on Tmobile for 3G and coverage seems to
suck , Probably would have to use on AT&T but would only be EDGE , new and
not proven yet .

thanks for any thoughts , kevin