[wplug] GNU GPL License

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Tue Oct 13 20:38:06 EDT 2009

> If you are using code that was licensed to you under any license, then
> you don't have a copyright on it.  And the modifications you make to it
> do not make it a new piece of code that you have a copyright to.

	The way I understand it, some shops are making *modules* for an
open-source project, which would not be covered by the GPL. You can also
further enhance and tailor the base open-source software for your
clients' needs, and still sell 'em your module. I don't think you have
to supply the source for your module.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.pghwireless.net
drew at zhrodague.net		http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotpgh