[wplug] GNU GPL License

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:52:45 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Bruno Pierri Galvao <vendicate at gmail.com>wrote:

> If my code modifications have bugs then that is a major security risk so I
> would have to keep my code modifications closed under a company copyright
> license. How can I do this? I was talking to a friend and he said that there
> is a fine line, one can add code in a way that does not affect the GPL code
> and therefore does not have to be filed under that license. Would you know
> of such a way?

If the bugs are there, then a copyright is not going to keep your data
secure.

If you are using code that was licensed to you under any license, then you
don't have a copyright on it.  And the modifications you make to it do not
make it a new piece of code that you have a copyright to.

But based on the nature of your, I would highly recommend you look into the
basics of how copyright and licensing works.

Mike