[wplug] Fwd: Release of Fibonacci, the annual International open source magazine of SF-FOSS, IIITM Gwalior

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:09:38 EDT 2009

Folks,

Below is a message I received from my wplug.org inbox. I am really
impressed with what a bunch of volunteers have done for free and open
source software by starting a magazine for fun. It is my hope that
people of all levels and living at all places continue to enjoy
contributing to the community.

There are countless ways that you can help locally. I promise that
programming is not required. You do not need to be a guru or a
recognized name. All that you need is a good heart.

wplug has a meeting coming up on 10/31. We can always use people who
can show up early and setup chairs or make coffee. Simply befriending
a new face is a huge help. This is what being part of a community is
about.

If you haven't showed up to a WPLUG meeting in a while, or ever, I
suggest you give us a try. We meet at the Wilkins School Community
Center in the Regent Square area. If the presentation isn't your cup
of tea, let us know what you would like to see. Klaatu's presentation
on KDE4 last time was a member request.

All are welcome. You do not need to be a member to attend. All events
are free as in admission. Linux use today is not required. In fact,
Jon 'maddog' Hall continues to encourage people to bring
friends/family/coworkers to Linux events so that they can see the
value of free software and make the decision for themselves. No one is
born with innate Linux skills. There are no stupid questions. We are
even happy to offer you free software for Windows or MacOSX.

You do not need to be a board member to get involved. In fact the next
meeting is board elections and member of the year recognition
ceremony. Leadership comes from all levels of our organization. This
is a good time to asses what we want out of the community that we call
Western PA Linux User Group.

Sincerely,
Beth Lynn Eicher

Dear All,

Fibonacci, the International Open Source magazine is finally released.
The magazine may be downloaded from
http://sf-foss.iiitm.ac.in/fibonacci/

Fibonacci Vol. 1 attracted a fabulous participation from all over the
world. The magazine features a total of 46 articles from 41 authors.
Magazine committee consisted of 12 advisory board members, 22
editorial board members, 18 organizing committee members and 25
volunteers. We are further proud to announce a total contribution of
140 people from 13 countries and 46 organizations.

We highly acknowledge the role played by various LUGs, FOSS groups and
various mailing list archives in promotion of the magazine. Please
help us in in our endeavor to spread the message of freedom far and
wide by circulating a copy of the magazine to all your associates and
friends.

Download Fibonacci Vol. 1 from http://sf-foss.iiitm.ac.in/fibonacci/

Thanks and Regards,
Udit Khandelwal