[wplug] Hard Drive Partitions - Windows 7 NetBook

Greg Simkins gregsimkins at me.com
Thu Nov 26 23:05:28 EST 2009

Wow Mackenzie!  You always come up with these obscure but important little points.  I have no clue about readahead and its impact on bootup.

I found a bug report on Karmic at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ureadahead/+bug/432360

It referred me to /etc/init/sreadahead.conf
and recommends changing
start on starting mountall
start on local-filesystems

My current config file lists:
start on starting mountall
stop on stopped rc

Should I change that to start on local-filesystems?

Greg