[wplug] wubi?

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:01:21 EST 2009

Yeah, I put 'wubi' on my wife's laptop for awhile.  I agree with Andy, about
Virtualbox.  Having to select an OS at boot time makes it unappealing to use
the other.  I like Linux better but I would surf on my wife's Vista install
unless I really *NEEDED* access to my Linux tools.

Ultimately, I took out Wubi and I barely use Cygwin on that machine any
more.  I created a Virtualbox install of something light (e.g. Arch, Xubunu,
Puppy) but I don't recall which distro.  XFCE was plenty for my needs --
like a couple desktops, browser and terminals.

It's awesome, IMHO.  I don't even pay attention to her setup, except for
when I'm fixing it.  I just go straight to my Linux box within her Vista.