[wplug] netstat and a worrying connection

Terence J. Golightly t.golightly at verizon.net
Thu Nov 12 18:11:51 EST 2009

George,

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 15:25 -0500, George Larson wrote:
> I was gonna ask you if 40981 was your chosen Vuze port, because that
> would give us a hint.

I'm using 263xx numbered port.

>   I think I'm gonna grab the new (11.2.) openSUSE tonight, via Vuze on
> an Ubuntu box with a 'ufw' firewall.  I'll keep an my netstat after
> I'm done and see how mine behaves.
>
> Might there be some other controlling mechanism?  Y'know, like the
> connections stay open until they are closed by...   I dunno, the
> tracker, or something?

Well,  Google Was Mu Friend.  I found a link to the Vuze Wiki. It says
to deselect a box under tools==>Options==>Files. Under Fast resume
mode==> Save peer connections for quick reconnects.  That did it.

Thanks again,

Terry

PS  I discovered a nice utility iftop. Its in the repositories. It
displays all perceived network traffic.
--
Terence J. Golightly <t.golightly at verizon.net>
SOHO