[wplug] Popularity of ubuntu 9.10 and Mocha

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 07:08:48 EST 2009

On Friday 06 November 2009 12:41:14 pm Greg Simkins wrote:
> I inquired about the ubuntu netbook that I recently ordered from
> zareason and got this reply.  I thought many in our group may find it
> interesting.

hehe The hinge on my ZaReason broke a week ago.  I called up, talked to Cathy
(CEO), and we talked a bit about Karmic.  She said she was working all weekend
to get the Karmic pre-orders out the door.  Then I told her what happened, she
said "sounds pretty clearly like manufacturing defect to me; here's an RMA
number."  At a total of 2 minutes, 34 seconds, was all done.  Now I need to
get around to yanking out the hard drive and putting it into big-heavy-spare-
lappy (the delay on this is that the hard drive has an amd64 install but the
spare lappy is 32bit and has a broken optical drive so reinstalling on it is
difficult).

I like the Terra.  If only there was an ARM version... I keep hinting to them
"ARM? When are you gonna get an ARM netbook?" *Waiting*

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo